Monday, February 04, 2013

PROCLAMATION OF EXCAVATION


Proclamation of Excavation

By the long moon of the crows
My hands feathers help give the wind a ride
Emptying my many selves
Into one shining flock
Place where we all begin
Late in life - able to see the vastness

This cloud truth of our nature
Dissolving into itself
I put the wafer of the moon
Under my tongue – diamond stillness

I have died here many times before
In this space of power
After the old shape gives way
My white hair fall’s a dream death

Leaving the body sheath behind
I spiral into the ancient gathering
Piercing bone whistle
Through the fevered night
Drums held up for the wind
To play the life song
Of my inner village

Skeletal change humming
Past the invisible cage
See the cocooned mind
Built things up over the years
Now falls away
In tender resolution
For the higher self

What ever we learn comes after
The contradictions of hungry brain
Tethered bird – in a skull of sighs
Reborn between blades
Of whirling thought

Purple wings pass through me
Vacuuming the dust
From my eyelids
Stretching my presence
In fragrant visions

Traffic of stars inside
Glittering pieces of the world
In tender exaltation
This book of wind reads
All worlds inside me
Close to everything now - even this drifting poem

Along the colors of my body
A proclamation of my excavation
Taking the suns glint
In wordless knowing