Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Owl Messenger



The Owl Messenger

I drink the inner bark of Pau D Arco
Through the rings of these dreaming trees
I watch the earth in the deep immensity
Scrying the stars for an elders story
I offer corn meal and sage
Deer rib and red clover
To the mother of us all.

I her follow her soul tracks
Over rain pocked ice through saplings
Over logs and bark flakes in the deep
Wintering of my life
Lies the owl foot in my next step
Yellow skin and talons
Lying in ice crystals
The rest of the bird no where

To see the owl messenger
Stops me rushing through my life
Moon returns its light
Through smoke and rattle transforming
Into the elder wings brush thoughts
Ride the drums energy beyond time
And find her there wings still flying
In the medicine of her foot left behind
Wing beats of healing song
To the rhythm of my flight